Vegetarian Advice, Articles, and Recipes that are more Than Just Salad right from the Angry Giraffe's Mouth.


Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lovely Day of Cooking and Sun..

Today I woke up to the rooster crowing from the barn at 8am. I got up and started my day by making tofu scramble. I had tried this before but the recipe had too much Cumin in it and back then I don't think I knew that I wasn't a fan of Cumin.. I think it also called for silken soft tofu.. which isn't what you should use at all. Needless to say that was yucky, so I was skeptical of this recipe. But this one turned out delicious and got my ready for the day. The recipe came from Post Punk Kitchen http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/recipe.php?RecipeID=110

It was beautiful day here.. and I mean beau-ti-FUL! I wore my new big floppy hat and took some pictures out in the sunshine.















So for supper I decided to make a raw dish with the almonds I had been soaking all day. It's called almond pate! I was skeptical once again because I have never tried to deliberately make a "raw" recipe. It was quite a bit of work since I only had a little blender to work with instead of a big food processor. But it was really yummy! And pretty.. :) Here's where I got the recipe : http://dietdessertndogs.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/raw-almond-veggie-pate/


















For the moment though I have to go collect the eggs, take the clothes down from the line, and then go for a jog! I'm just on the go go go!


1 comment:

Ricki said...

Hi Katie!
Looks like you've got an interesting blog over here. . . glad to find it. (And I love the giraffe).

Glad you tried the almond pate--even if it was a bit of work! And glad you liked it too, of course :) .